In 1939 the UP initiated less-than-carload (LCL) express service and ordered 130 double door boxcars for this purpose. Weaver has the only O Scale mold which is prototypically correct for UP's 40' DD Express Boxcars.
While these cars initially wore the Challenger Merchandise Service paint scheme, by 1947 most were repainted into the UP's Two-Tone Grey passenger scheme. This car is the second in our series of UP Express Boxcars.
EXTREMELY Limited Edition - only 76 cars were made in 2 Rail
ONLY 3 CARS REMAIN!
- True 1/4" scale dimensions
- Gray painted see-through running boards
- Diecast sprung trucks and Kadee-compatible couplers
- Operating doors
- Prototypically correct decorating
- Minimum radius: 48"
- Available in four road numbers!