This special 2-Pack of Commemorative Evans 53’ Double Plug Door Box Cars is the final release of specially painted Wisconsin & Southern freight cars. Dedicated to the day we will never forget – September 11, 2001 – these cars are an accurate and lasting tribute to one of the bleakest moments in recent United States history. The prototype cars continue to ply the rails in everyday service, offering a grim reminder of that day 10 years ago. A donation to a 9/11 charity fund will be made for each 2-pack sold.
Features Include:ESTIMATED DELIVERY: FALL 2011
- True ¼" scale dimensions and details
- Die-cast floor with complete undercarriage detail
- Separately-applied ladders, brake wheel, safety platform, door bars and door handles
- Die-cast sprung 70-ton roller bearing trucks
- Accurate painting and lettering
- Two rail units include scale wheels and Kadee®-compatible diecast scale couplers
- Minimum diameter curve (3-rail): O-31
- Minimum radius curve (2-rail): 36"