In March 1958 Southern Pacific took delivery of 200 new 70 ton gondolas from ACF and classified these gons as G-70-16. They were among the first cars delivered with SP's new gothic billboard lettering. As a testament to their durability and usefulness, more than 80% of these workhorses were still in use in 1980.Features Include:
Both road numbers in stock
- LIMITED QUANTITY - only 200 total cars will be made (2 Rail & 3 Rail).
- Factory-painted and lettered.
- Available in 2 road numbers
- True scale dimensions with accurate details
- Separately applied ladders, brake wheel & brake line detail
- Weighted, detailed underframe
- Painted die-cast sprung 50 ton Bettendorf trucks
- 2-Rail cars feature scale wheels and body-mounted scale couplers.